John Brooks Cameron has represented people in the following counties:
Allen, Ashland, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull and Wayne.
Q: How much will it cost to find out if I have a case worth pursuing?
A: Nothing, John Brooks Cameron & Associates offers free consultatinos for personal injury, medical malpractice, and slip and fall claims.

Q: What should I do after I have been involved in a car accident?
A: You should contact the police and fill out an accident report, then immediately seek medical attention for any injuries arising from the accident. Additionally, you should attempt to obtain statements from any witnesses to the accident and preserve as much evidence as possible. You may want to consult with an attorney to evaluate the potential of a claim to recover damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, damage to your vehicle, and other damages to which you may be entitled.

Q: What should I do after I have been served with a Summons and a Complaint in a civil lawsuit?
A: You should consult with an attorney to answer the Complaint. You have a limited time to answer the Complaint. If you fail to answer the Complaint, a default judgement may be entered against you. Creditors can use this default judgement to take money from your wages, bank accounts, and otehr assets to satisfy judgement in a process known as garnishment.

Q: Should I plead guilty or not guilty to the criminal charges against me?
A: You should conslt with an attorney. Each criminal case involves unique facts and circumstances. John Brooks Cameron has been negotiating plea agreements and representing criminal defendants at trial for over twenty years.

Q: What is the difference between pleading guilty and pleading no contest?
A: A guilty plea involves admitting the charges against you. A no contest plea involves not wishing to contest the charges at trial, but it is not an admission of the charges. In a subsequent civil lawsuit, your no contest plea cannot be used against you because you did not admit to the charges against you.

Q: What should I do after I have been charged with OVI/DUI?
A: You should consult with an attorney. An OVI conviction will likely include several fines, a license suspension, and a potential jail sentence. John Brooks Cameron has been representing clients charged with OVI for over twenty years and helped them avoid these serious consequences.

Q: Can I get a criminal conviction taken off my record?
A: Yes, under certain circumstances. This process is known as sealing a criminal record or "expunging" a criminal record. In order to have your criminal record sealed, you must be considered a "first offender" under Ohio law. Generally, this means you can have ONLY ONE misdemeanor or felony conviction. However, if multiple convictions were based on one criminal act or resulted from the same court proceeding, they may be treated as one conviction for the purpose of having your record sealed. You shuold consult with an attorney to see if your criminal conviction can be sealed.

Q: Is bankruptcy an option for me?
A: This depends on your assets, debts, income streams, previous bankruptcies, and a number of other factors. Filing for bankruptcy carries various financial implications that may affect you in the long term. You should consult with an attorney to see whether filing for bankruptcy is in your best interest.

Q: What is the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
A: Chapter 7 bankruptcy is sometimes known as "straight bankruptcy". A bankruptcy trustee will sell your property, unless it is exempt, and distribute the proceeds to your creditors. Ohio law provides various exemptions up to a certain value, including household goods, vehicles, retirement accounts, and real estate, among others. There is the possibility that all of your assets will be exempt. After the sale of your assets, if any, your debts will be discharged.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to pay all or most of your debts over time by a court-apporved repayment plan. After making all payments required under the plan, your debts will be discharged.

Q: What can I do one I am facing foreclosure or I have received a Notice of Default?
A: There are options available to you, but you must act quickley because there is a limited period of time to respond once a foreclosure lawsuit has begun. Available options include loan modification, a deed in lieu of foreclosure, and defending against the foreclosure lawsuit based on a genuine dispute. An attorney can assist you in determining the appropriate course of action in response to a foreclosure suit or Notice of Default.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us
Personal Injury
Workers Compensation
Electrical Accidents
John Brooks Cameron & Associates
Serving Ohio Since 1991