When the negligent actions of another person or entity caused you harm, you need the guidance of a compassionate legal team to help you fight back and move forward. At John Brooks Cameron & Associates in Medina, Ohio, our attorneys have extensive experience representing injured individuals facing the aftermath of a wide range of accidents and incidents where negligence was at play, including:
The shock of an accident, especially a serious one, can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are steps you can take following any kind of personal injury that can put you in a position to regain peace of mind:
- Turn to Medical Help: Seek out medical experts who can determine the extent of any injury sustained and offer appropriate treatment. Your health and well-being should be your top priority.
- Collect All Necessary Documentation: A personal injury claim may depend on documentation as evidence. Obtain copies of police reports, medical records, accident scene photos, witness statements, and anything else that might prove valuable later.
- Personal Recollection of Details: Document your own recollection of what happened before, during, and after the incident.
- Report the Accident to Your Insurance: Most agencies have strict time requirements for reporting. Be sure to report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Reach out to a Lawyer: Hire a team of personal injury attorneys to help you file claims, negotiate a settlement with the insurance company, or, if necessary, advocate for you in trial.